There’s a Reason It’s Up to 30% More Efficient
Get an 8’ blade, a 10’ blade, an 8’10” scoop/pusher blade or a windrowing machine all at the touch of a button. The WESTERN® WIDE-OUT™ adjustable-wing snow plow hydraulically transforms to move more snow, no matter what the condition. Up to 30% more. It’s the ultimate in CONTRACTOR GRADE® performance.
The 12-gauge steel moldboard is 29” high, and with independently controlled wings, the WIDE-OUT™ extends from 8’ to 10’ wide. With both wings angled forward, you get the carrying capacity of an 8’ 10” scoop. The ½” thick x 6” high carbon steel cutting edge is standard, and the durable 1½” x 8” polyurethane wing-cutting edges reduce wear and protect the blade. These cutting edges can effectively “trip” in any position, including scoop.
Wing Positions: Four Plows in One
Maximize snow plowing efficiency at the touch of a button.
- The 8’ retracted position is perfect for transport and for narrow access areas, such as drive-through lanes or tight windrowing areas.
- The 10’ expanded-width position gives you 25% more blade surface so you can take wider passes in larger, wide-open spaces.
- For unmatched windrowing productivity, angle the leading wing forward, with the trailing wing extended, and you can use the full blade without spillover. Unparalleled windrowing efficiency, with no spillover on passes, reduces cleanup time.
- For the ultimate in snow-carrying capacity, angle both wings forward for an 8’ 10” scoop. The WIDE-OUT™ can fully angle in the scoop position to effectively carry snow around corners, and maneuver in congested parking lots, something V-plows cannot do.
Reinforced Plow Blade Structure
Six vertical ribs and a dual power bar design provide exceptional torsional strength. The wings slide laterally across a structurally reinforced slide box, which further enhances blade strength, so there’s no blade twisting or bending, even under the heaviest loads.
- Advanced snow plow light and electrical system features solid electrical pins in the harness plugs for trouble free connections.
- Under-hood module improves system life and complies with OEM requirements.
- No toggle switch needed to change from vehicle to plow lights.
Trip Blade Protection
Four heavy-duty coil springs help protect your plow and truck by allowing the blade to trip forward when striking an obstacle. The heavy-duty polyurethane cutting edges on the wings also protect the blade, allowing it to trip in any position.
WIDE-OUT Blade Components
UltraMount® - Lift Frame & A-Frame Components
UltraMount® 2 - Lift Frame & A-Frame Components
Vehicle-Side Harness Diagram 3-Port, 2-Plug
Plow-Side Electrical Components
96400 Joystick Control